The RPS400 for roll-to-roll (R2R) follows the RPS400 plasma system and it was developed for the treatment of flexible materials such as PET, PEN foils, PP, PE. Its main features are the concave curved DCSBD electrodes and a guide roller. The curved electrodes are of the same dimensions as flat electrodes and the whole system is fully automatic and capable of 24/7 operation.
The roll-to-roll RPS400 is suitable for the treatment of flexible materials, e.g. ultrathin PET. It enables treatment speed from 3 up to 100 m/min which corresponds to treatment times 1.6 s to 0.05 s (using one DCSBD unit), respectively.
The roll-to-roll RPS400 is designated mainly for laboratory purposes, but it can be used also under industrial conditions. The whole plasma system can be customized according to customers’ needs.
- Curved DCSBD plasma unit
- Power: 3×400/230 V + PE, 50 Hz
- Plasma parameters: 400 W (20–30 kV, 18–14 kHz) in one plasma unit
- Plasma area: 195 mm × 80 mm
- Gas: open-air and nitrogen and other technical gases upon request
- Continuous operation
- Customizations: control panel fully integrated into customers lines
- Scalability: higher number of DCSBD plasma units, treatment width 1 m by 5–6 plasma units
- Large and rapid production lines of flexible materials
- Flexible and printed electronics manufacturing
- Printed optoelectronics, solar cells, batteries, etc.