The RPS40 “plasma pistol” is a small handheld ambient air plasma generator that allows you to easily treat various flat surfaces by a diffuse coplanar surface barrier discharge plasma.
Since the electrode system and the power source must be cooled down, the RPS40 is not capable of fully continuous operation. The maximal operation time is limited to 45 s. After 45 s, the automatic cooling procedure takes place, and the system is ready to be used again in 200 s. However, shorter treatment times require shorter cooling periods, and therefore, if you are using RPS40 only for quick tests, you probably will not recognize that RPS40 is being cooled at all.
If you are looking for a plasma treater that enables continual operation, we offer a more robust and continuous RPS400 system. If the experiments carried out by RPS40 will lead to desirable treatment effects and you would like to use the RPS technology for manufacturing in industry, ROPLASS will help you with up-scaling the RPS technology. We offer RPS400 and RPS25x customized for specific requirements.
- Power: 230 VAC / 19 VDC
- Plasma parameters: 40 W (7 kV, 20 kHz)
- Plasma area: 50 mm × 20 mm
- Plasma thickness: approx. 0.15 mm
- Plasma density: >200 W.cm-3
- Gas: open air
- Direct operation in a nitrogen glove box
- Plasma operation limited to 45 s
- Laboratory samples and remote applications
- Treatment of sensitive surfaces in a glove box
- Small samples, effective testing on site